Your Cart is Currently Empty
10 Tips To Redesign Indoor and Outdoor Decor (Guide)
Looking to redesign a space in your home but unsure of where to begin? We are here to help you reinvent your space and create an area that you adore. Home decor in a home is extremely beneficial for many reasons, it can ease the mind, make a space more comfortable, and can express your personality and style.
The home is one of the most important places that everyone revolves around. Everyone wants their home to feel comfortable and have a beautiful appearance. Adding any type of decor options can add beauty and allow the homeowner to express themselves.
Over time, trends and personal styles change, this leaves certain decor pieces out of style and a need for a change or refresh. You can start by looking around the area you want and think of ways to change some things around or bring in new pieces to redesign the areas.
Redesign Indoor Decor
- Peel and Stick Wallpaper or Tiles: these are great decor options, they can easily give any area a facelift and add a new feel to the space. They are also great because they can be easily changed out when wanting a new theme for a home. These can be used in any area such as the kitchen backsplash, fireplace, bathroom, or outdoor areas.
- Shelving is a vital part of any room, they can help display things and organize things. There are various options on the market of all different shapes, sizes, and pieces that can bring a home style to life. Different options allow the homeowner to have a theme in the house or that particular space.
- Painting the walls is a simple but effective way to completely renovate a space. Luckily, it’s an easy task and there are hundreds of colors available for the feel of a space. Different colors and shades can have an impact on moods and the space around you. Warmer colors can make things appear closer to you and lighter colors can draw things further away. Color choices allow you to make any room appear larger, or smaller, create a focal point, and even hide things that you don’t want anyone to see.
- While this may be a little more challenging and hard to decide, redesigning the floor of a room could be a great idea. This is more of an investment in the home as flooring doesn't get changed as often. Options on the market vary, and depending on what you’re looking for there are many choices for each home style.
- The bathroom is a commonly used space, most people get bored of seeing the same decor options and want a facelift. Luckily there are many options that allow for an easy makeover without a complete renovation. You can change up the wall decor, add new shower curtains, a new color, a new mirror, or new shelving ideas that match the rest of the home.
- An easy way to change the decor in a living room is to change up the throw pillows, we often add pillows that bring the entire theme together. Changing these out can be inexpensive, and add a new design element to the home. They also allow to mix and match styles and try new things.
Redesign Outdoor Decor
The outdoor space in our homes often serves as a place to host family and friends, a grilling area, and a relaxing area. Each area should have a similar but unique style and decor ideas. There are many options for an outdoor space.
For example, you can divide the areas easily. You can have designated areas for seating, grilling, gardening, and more. Each area needs to be properly designed and can have different style options or the same.
- Outdoor seating areas can be tricky to choose the right material that can withstand the weather. The best types are stainless steel, plastic, and rattan furniture. Luckily all these materials can be paired nicely with different decor options, such as planters, pillows, and special towels.
- Different planters and pots can represent the theme of a home, there are various options that will show your personal style. You can create DIY options, or find matching planters that you enjoy and feel represent you. These can also match indoor design and piece together the entire style.
- Entertaining guests is often done outdoors in the summer months and nice weather, this includes using different trays and plate options to show off your style. Simple but stylish options and accessories can make a high impact on your guests. You can also get matching sets to display throughout the home.
- When redesigning the outdoor decor, make sure to use proper outdoor decor and accessories that are waterproof and can withstand the weather. These decor options often include:
- Garden Statues
- Pottery Pots
- Hanging Ornaments
- Pillows and Cushions
- Lighting Fixtures
- Rattan Materials
- Metal Materials
- UV Resistant Materials
When redesigning any space, it’s important to remember it should be a fun task and give a new feel to your space. Begin by having a plan and list of what you want to redesign, this will help you stay focused and keep you calm.
Another way to make sure the redesign goes smoothly is to get the family or friends involved. Bring them over and have a redesign party or show off your newly renovated space afterward and have a get-together!